sexual misconduct

Cuba Gooding Jr., third from left, is escorted handcuffed as he arrives in court to face sexual misconduct charges, Tuesday Oct. 15, 2019, in New York. Gooding Jr. pleaded not guilty to an indictment alleging two instances of sexual misconduct. The new charge involves an alleged incident in October 2018. The defense paints it as a shakedown attempt. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)
October 15, 2019 - 1:28 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Up to a dozen accusers could testify at the sexual misconduct trial of Cuba Gooding Jr., a Manhattan prosecutor said Tuesday. Prosecutor Jenna Long made the comment as the actor pleaded not guilty to an indictment alleging two instances of sexual misconduct. Gooding appeared Tuesday...
Read More
October 15, 2019 - 12:11 am
NEW YORK (AP) — In reporter Ronan Farrow's account of his contentious divorce from NBC News, the more evidence he gathered on Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct, the less enthusiastic his bosses seemed to be. NBC's decision to let Farrow take his work to the New Yorker...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 28, 2019, file photo, Opera star Placido Domingo performs during a concert in Szeged, Hungary. The 78-year-old singer who rose to stardom as a tenor has been confirmed to sing the baritone title role in “Nabucco” at the Zurich Opera House this Sunday. It will be his first time performing since stepping down Oct. 2 as general director of the Los Angeles Opera and withdrawing from future performances at the company.(AP Photo/Laszlo Balogh, File)
October 12, 2019 - 9:49 am
MILAN (AP) — Even as his U.S. career seemingly winds down amid accusations of sexual harassment, opera legend Placido Domingo remains on the bill of a host of European opera houses. But cracks, even if slight, are beginning to show in his support. The 78-year-old singer who rose to stardom as a...
Read More
FILE - In this June 26, 2019, file photo, actor Cuba Gooding Jr. leaves criminal court in New York. Gooding's New York trial on groping charges is scheduled to begin Thursday, Oct. 10, after it was postponed in September after prosecutors said they were still waiting for evidence in the Oscar-winning “Jerry Maguire” star’s case. He’s pleaded not guilty to forcible touching and sexual abuse charges. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)
October 10, 2019 - 12:52 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Cuba Gooding Jr. learned Thursday that he's facing a new undisclosed charge in his sexual misconduct case, a development that came as jury selection was set to begin for his trial. At a court hearing in Manhattan, Assistant District Attorney Jenna Long revealed the charge is...
Read More
October 07, 2019 - 9:08 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Opera has announced that the company's president and CEO, Christopher Koelsch, will take over the duties of Placido Domingo, who resigned last week as general director amid allegations of sexual harassment. LA Opera's board of directors said in a statement Monday...
Read More
FILE - This Sept. 5, 2019 file photo shows James Franco at the premiere of HBO's "The Deuce" third and final season in New York. Two actresses have sued Franco and his former acting and film school, saying they were pushed into gratuitous and exploitative sexual situations as his students. (Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision/AP, File)
October 03, 2019 - 10:05 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Two actresses sued James Franco and the acting and film school he founded Thursday, saying he intimidated his students into gratuitous and exploitative sexual situations far beyond those acceptable on Hollywood film sets. Sarah Tither-Kaplan and Toni Gaal, former students at the...
Read More
New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown looks on before the start of an NFL football game against the Miami Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday, September 15 2019, in Miami Gardens. (David Santiago/Miami Herald via AP)
September 27, 2019 - 8:52 pm
Antonio Brown's unraveling happened nearly as quickly as his rise in the NFL. One of the most prolific receivers for a decade, the four-time All-Pro got dumped by three teams in 6 1/2 months. The New England Patriots released him last week after a second woman in 10 days accused him of sexual...
Read More
FILE - This Aug. 28, 2015 file photo shows music producer Detail, whose real name is Noel Fisher, at the 2015 BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards in Beverly Hills, Calif. A court has awarded a $15 million judgment to a model and aspiring singer who alleged in a lawsuit that she was sexually and emotionally abuse by Grammy-winning music producer Detail. (Photo by Paul A. Hebert/Invision/AP, File)
September 26, 2019 - 4:17 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A court has awarded $15 million to a model and aspiring singer who alleged in a lawsuit that she was sexually and emotionally abuse by Grammy-winning music producer Detail. A Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled Wednesday in favor of Kristina Buch and against Detail, whose real...
Read More
French journalist Sandra Muller gives a press conference, in Paris, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019. A Paris court has ruled that the woman who launched the French version of the #MeToo movement must pay 20,000 euros ($22,000) in damages and fees for defaming the man she accused of harassment. (AP Photo/Thibault Camus)
September 25, 2019 - 3:01 pm
PARIS (AP) — A Paris court ruled on Wednesday that the woman who launched the French version of the #MeToo movement must pay 20,000 euros ($22,000) for defaming the man she accused of harassment. French journalist Sandra Muller said she fears the message of the decision is "be quiet." Muller...
Read More
FILE - This May 20, 2006 file photo shows Placido Domingo acknowledging applause after performing at the Metropolitan Opera Gala honoring general manager Joseph Volpe in New York. Domingo has agreed to withdraw from all future performances at the Metropolitan Opera following accusations of sexual harassment made by women in a pair of reports by The Associated Press. The 78-year-old classical music star had been scheduled to sing the title role in the season debut of Verdi's "Macbeth" on Wednesday night, which would have been his first performance in the United States since the reports. (AP Photo/Stephen Chernin, File)
September 24, 2019 - 11:50 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — The Metropolitan Opera announced Tuesday that Plácido Domingo had agreed to withdraw from his slate of scheduled performances at the opera house following allegations of sexual harassment made by multiple women in two Associated Press stories. The opera legend indicated that he...
Read More

Pages