National

June 01, 2020 - 7:52 am
By MEREDITH DELISO, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- Investigators are looking into a new video that appears to show the moments before George Floyd was pinned to the ground and died. On May 25, four Minneapolis Police Department officers responded to a 911 call reporting that Floyd had allegedly used a fake...
Read More
Zenobillis/iStock
June 01, 2020 - 7:50 am
By MAX GOLEMBO and EMILY SHAPIRO, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- The Atlantic hurricane season is now underway, and there's a 60% chance of an above-normal season, according to forecasters with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. There's a 30% chance of a near-normal season and just a 10%...
Read More
June 01, 2020 - 7:48 am
By ROSA SANCHEZ and ALEX PEREZ, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- The younger brother of George Floyd is pleading with protesters not to "tear up your town" as violent demonstrations have wracked numerous cities across the country. In an interview with ABC News' Alex Perez, Terrence Floyd said that he...
Read More
Peter Zay/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
June 01, 2020 - 6:55 am
By BILL HUTCHINSON, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- Amidst the cries for justice, the violent clashes with police, the burning of squad cars and the looting businesses across the country, protesters like Arianna Evans took to the streets to denounce what they say have been years of racial injustice and...
Read More
Heiko Küverling/iStock
June 01, 2020 - 6:54 am
By MEREDITH DELISO, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- Volunteers turned out in droves over the weekend to help clean up their hometowns following the (sometimes violent) protests sparked by the death of George Floyd. In downtown Reno, Nevada, one local politician estimates that at least 3,000 people went out...
Read More
Mihajlo Maricic/iStock
June 01, 2020 - 6:54 am
By LUKE BARR, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- As the protests over the death of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer rage on across the country, police departments are in the unique position of being the target of protesters and keeping those same people safe. Demonstrations that...
Read More
Mostafa Bassim/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
June 01, 2020 - 6:43 am
By JON HAWORTH, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- The death of George Floyd, a black man who died on Memorial Day after he was pinned down by a white Minnesota police officer, has sparked outrage and protests in Minneapolis and across the United States. The National Guard has been activated in Washington, D.C...
Read More
Myriam Borzee/iStock
June 01, 2020 - 6:26 am
By MORGAN WINSOR, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- A pandemic of the novel coronavirus has now killed more than 372,000 people worldwide. Over 6.1 million people across the globe have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new respiratory virus, according to data compiled by the Center for...
Read More
Demonstrators protest the death of George Floyd, Sunday, May 31, 2020, near the White House in Washington. Floyd died after being restrained by Minneapolis police officers (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
SKY News
June 01, 2020 - 2:28 am
WASHINGTON (AP) — Tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets across America again Sunday, with peaceful demonstrations against police killings of black people overshadowed by unrest that ravaged cities from Philadelphia to Los Angeles and flared near the White House. City and state...
Read More
iStock
May 31, 2020 - 4:10 pm
By: CHRISTINA CARREGA, ABC News (NEW YORK) -- A panicked white woman in New York City's Central Park calls 911 to say that a black man threatened her and her dog. A Florida mom claims two black men abducted her son, who had autism, and was later found dead. But the harrowing story from Manhattan...
Read More

Pages